6/07/2007

My Smunchie

I'm holding my little Smunchie right now, and feeling like the entire world is revolving around this little scrunched up bundle on my chest. She's so beautiful and warm and sweet. I am in awe that my body created this and that our love and care has kept her alive and thriving. Talk about doing "life's work". It is such a wonderful honor to be the person that cares for her. I remember how safe my Momma felt when I would rest my head on her chest. Or how comforted I was by the smell of her. It makes me want to cry to think that Bailey probably feels those things about me and Kelly. What a wonderful gift.

Bailey has a doctor's appointment this morning. I thought it was yesterday and got us all ready to go, showed up and they told me it was today. Ugg. I'm a little worried...this is her day to get shots. Ugg. She's gonna hate that. I'm gonna hate how it makes her feel after. I'll be wearing her all day, though...providing constant comfort.

I'm cleaning today, getting ready for our company. Tiffany and Steph are coming up with their daughter, and I can't wait! I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see them all, to have someone else hold the baby for an extended period of time, or just for the change of pace. LOL - who knows? It's gonna be fun, though! I'm really looking forward to going to the Parade. We're meeting up with M&S&D, and I can't wait to see their little guy!!!!

To make it all that much better, last night Bailey slept for a full five hour stretch. PHEW! God love that swing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph here...you better be excited to see me! ;-) I can't wait to squeeze your little honey! See you soon.