4/02/2007

Still Pregnant

It's Monday again, and I'm still pregnant. I guess this is a good thing...after all, we're not even 36 weeks yet. But good golly. I'm seriously ready.

Yesterday I had the exciting development of painful braxton hicks contractions. They started in the morning and I had about one an hour for a couple of hours. Thrown in around the painful ones were the normal tightening, non-painful kind.

Not labor, but just a little reminder that we are not far from that point. It was kind of exciting...but also a little frusterating. I'd love for it to be time.

This week should be pretty light. Work is really slowing down for me - they are not giving me anything new in anticipation of my departure. I think that's great...but it makes the days long, because they are relatively boring.

But that is to be expected, I think. It's good. Only four more weeks left of work if we go full term. That is not long. I can do this. I feel like the little engine that could..."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

I can't wait to meet our daughter. I get these butterflies in my belly whenever I think about it...kind of like the way that I would feel when I was 7 on Christmas Eve. This incredible anticipation comes over me and I wonder how it is that I'm going to keep waiting. I can't wait to stare into her eyes, to feel her little hands on my body and breathe in her scent. I can't wait to see my partner hold our child and watch the love wash over her. I just can't wait.

Uggg...no wonder this last month is the most difficult. The anticipation alone is killing me!!!!

No comments: