4/13/2007

Luxury

This morning, I was up at 5:30 again. I realized I'm waking up at that time because I want to see Kelly off. I hate waking up to a silent house and having her gone. I need my morning kiss. I need to see her beautiful eyes and her sweet smile.

The luxury of my life these days is that I can go back to bed. I'm on my way there for a couple more hours of sleep.

I worry about Kelly getting jealous. She looks at me like I'm crazy when I say that. She says she wouldn't trade being nine months pregnant for a little time off. LOL - she's got a point, but I still feel bad. Do other women go through this?

Last night, I gave her a long, long back rub. I used to do that every night. Back when I had energy. Now, I've got some energy back. I can afford to stay awake 45 minutes longer than usual because I know I can sleep the next day. It felt so good to lay near her, breathing her in and listening to her sleep sounds.

I adore those moments...and it's such a gift that for the next couple of weeks, I can enjoy it all again.

No comments: