4/07/2007

F#%$ING CARSEAT

I know when I've reached my breaking point, and I'm there. I scheduled an appointment with the state police to have one of our cars fitted with a carseat today. I have no doubt that Kelly could make it happen on her own, but you hear all kinds of horror stories about carseats not being installed properly. It's important to us that we have this done professionally.

Well, we are kind of down to the wire with this. I couldn't get an appointment until today (they were not ever available).

So, after a long morning (it was our photo shoot...which was actually kind of fun), we trooped out to get the carseat installed. And the bastards had no record of us having an appointment.

Here we are, nearly 37 weeks pregnant with no carseat installed. Now, Bailey is probably not coming anytime soon and this will, I'm sure, get resolved. I am nothing if not resourceful. In fact, I think that I've already figured out how I'm going to get this done. But it means taking time off work (again) and having to drive to Montgomery County (an hour away) and blah, blah, blah.

I hate this stupid shit. I just wish things would happen easily.

2 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Have you checked with your fire dept? Some will install the seats for you.

Susanica said...

How horrible M&K! I can fully verify--100%--that you guys have had that car seat appointment written in stone for a very long time. So sorry to hear that there was such a big screw up on their end. If you want, Susanne and I will help you and Kelly okay? Brains and brawn--I know that we've got it all on our collective "matrix". Happy Easter dear friends. -Monica