4/09/2007

Doing Alright

Sleep was rough last night, but Kelly made yesterday easy on me. She took care of cleaning the entire house - mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming everything. I did some laundry and kept us fed. I was able to relax.

Also, we had a major victory. We went to DSW to try and find some new shoes for me. Now, if you're an every-day reader you probably know that I've struggled to find shoes that fit since about month 6th. First, my feet are wide to begin with...really wide. It's rare for me to find shoes when I'm not pregnant. With the swelling, it's been damn near impossible. The other major hurdle is that I hate shoes that enclose my feet. I'm so hot all the time and so I start wearing sandals as soon as there is no snow on the ground (and sometimes even when their is).

After much searching, we eventually found a pair of size 9 slides that worked. They were very long and not very comfortable, but I was able to get my feet in them. However, a new problem developed over the next couple of weeks. My heels, under all the stress of my weight and exposed to the elements, dried right up and cracked. And bled. In many places. Ouchy.

So, we needed to find shoes that fit and that enclosed my feet.

AND WE DID! Amazing. Honestly, it's a victory. These days, it's the little things that matter and this time, we succeeded in making something work...and it was easy. The shoes are ass-ugly...but they are work appropriate for the next couple of weeks. They will keep my feet enclosed and so hopefully moisturized. I'll be slathering them with emollient night cream and wearing socks to bed until I undo the damage I caused.

Oh...and the shoes are a size 10. From a size 8 to a size 10. Good lord.

Here's to another week and to feeling hopeful that we'll find out that I'm starting to show signs of getting ready for labor at our appointment on Wednesday...

No comments: