4/19/2007

Braving the Beltway

I'm just about to take off on a little adventure. Today, I am driving the 25 miles to the area where we used to live (Rockville, Maryland) to get the carseat installed in our second car. We got the first one installed by the Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Annapolis, MD. They were absolutely wonderful and did a great job for us. So, now, I am off to get the same done at another Fitzgerald. Today they have an open car seat installation in Rockville - I don't need an appointment or anything, I just show up. They'll take one look at my pregnant self and VOILA! Instant car seat...

It's a long drive and the traffic is going to suck. On top of it all, I'm sick. Definitely sick. Not just a cold - a mild fever, very sore throat, achy head and body. I feel like I need to do this installation, though. I don't want to have a car without a properly installed car seat when Bailey arrives.

Kelly thinks I'm crazy and if she knew how bad I was feeling, would tell me to stay home. Would insist that I stay home, in fact. So, I haven't told her yet. She'll read this on the blog and call me on my cell phone...but then, I'll already be on my way and it'll be taken care of.

If I have time, I might to the doctors today and make sure it's not strep throat. I don't think it is. I think I just need sleep and relaxation.

I'll do that after we've installed a car seat.

No comments: