4/16/2007

Baby Dreamin'

The most interesting part of being in late pregnancy is how present Bailey feels in our lives. We talk to her, we massage her (through my tummy, of course), we read, we sing, we joke about her movements. She has distinct rhythms, sleeping and waking cycles and her energy cycles with my eating cycles. She's a part of our world, without ever having left my uterus. It's really quite amazing.

LOL - of course, the problem is that she's still inside me. And there isn't much room left! She rolls over and it hurts. She kicks and my entire body bounces. She has this really funny way of pulsating back and forth - almost like it's her heartbeat, but it stops and starts throughout the day. It's very, very cute...

Every day we get closer and Kelly and I just get more and more ready. We can hardly believe that she's almost here. We've dreamed this dream from just about the moment we met - we've wanted to raise children together, to share this life, to make it work knowing the other was right there. And now it is ours. We only need to get through these next couple of weeks (if it takes that long) and we'll be inside our paradise. We are truly lucky.

In other news - nothing happened this weekend. We just hung out together. Today is "admin" day for me. I have a pile (and a list) of administrative tasks that need to be taken care of...with my insurance stuff right at the top. Fun, festive good times. Other than that, I'm going to relax and maybe catch a few more hours of sleep at some point.

As for M's question about the Pharmacist - let' s just say that four people had their prescriptions filled before me - two of them decidedly NOT pregnant MEN - and then I was told that my prescription was ready the entire time. So, when I went to the register to get it and pay and leave, the pharmacist tried to help the person in line behind me first. That's when he got screamed at. I sat in CVS for 45 minutes to pick up 11 pills. Bastard.

And about being nice...I try. This weekend, after a monumental effort, I did NOT scream at the Pizza Hut assholes.

I'm generally nice. Sweet, even. I'm kind. I like service people and truly feel like if you're kind to them, they will be kind back. Being at the end of this pregnancy has brought out the absolute WORST in me. I'm a raging bitch to everyone (except Kelly...with her, I'm super sweet because...well...because she's perfect!). I am really making an effort to either stay at home or to keep my shit in check when I'm out in public. I hate the person that I am right now...so I'm trying to curb it. But, it's hard.

1 comment:

Holly said...

ahhh...getting near the end.
It's amazing how ready you are when it gets to this point. Lois couldn't wait to "get this thing out" and start our life with a child.
It's getting close! Good luck - and embrace this little time left that it's just the 2 of you!!!!