4/28/2007

Ass Kicking

Today, I have dusted everything in the downstairs (family room, living room, dining room and kitchen), vacuumed and mopped all the hardwood floors, vacuumed all the furniture, made mini loaves of banana bread for the hospital, done all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and mopped the kitchen floor. Kelly has mowed the lawn, mulched the trees, fertilized the lawn, vacuumed the stairs, made a trip to Home Depot to get me petunias, and put furniture pads on the furniture. In just a few minutes, we are going to shower and sit down to watch a movie.

Think it's possible that we're nesting??? LOL - the instinct doesn't change when the birth is induced, apparently.

We are enjoying our last days of childlessness. My mom comes in tomorrow morning. We will pick her up at around 8 AM and have about a day and a half to just chill out and get ready for Bailey.

It's possible, of course, that Bailey will decide to come on her own before that. I'd really like it if that happened, but honestly, I'm ready for whatever comes. As with everyone else who has given birth, we eventually come to grips with what our labor is going to look like, what it turns out to be and how it differs from what "perfection" would look like.

I have no illusions that Kelly and I are going to be perfect parents. I don't expect that our birth will be perfect. I don't think that we will have every dream that we've ever envisioned come true.

What I do know is that together we will have the birth that we are meant to have. As long as she is by my side, it will be perfect for us. Because anything shared with her is perfect. And something this magical - the birth of our first child - could never be "wrong" or "less than".

I am ready. Kelly is ready. Bailey is ready (hmmm...I guess some could argue this point). Soon, we'll all be together...

No comments: