3/15/2007

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

I am absolutely delighted to report that I slept a lot last night!!! We went to bed around 8:30 and did our little reading/snuggling/talking rituals. I fell asleep in our bed while I was rubbing Kelly to sleep. She fell asleep to, but we were both woken quickly when I started to snore (I think it must sound a little like those redneck trucks with the jacked up exhaust pipes)! So, I rolled over to get out of bed and go to the guest room, but at some point during the roll I fell back asleep! Strange. I woke up again a few minute later and moved. From then on, I remember very little. I slept GREAT! I know I woke up four times - two from extreme thirst, twice from needing to use the restroom (probably because of the aformentioned extreme thirst wakings!).

The end result? I feel like a whole new woman!!!!! Suddenly the world is just a bit happier and easier to take. Ah yes...my back still hurts and Bailey is still using my bladder as her personal tramoline and my ribcage as her monkey bars, but who cares!!! I'm not falling asleep sitting at my computer! I'm not wanting to scream from annoyance and exhuastion!

It's times like this when I have to remember what my Momma always told me growing up - celebrate the little things like they are big things! All is good and right today. Bring on the world!

No comments: