3/26/2007

Monday Again

Here we are...at Monday again. I wish that I could say that we spent the weekend relaxing, but that would be a lie. However, with our collective efforts (and this time, I'm actually not kidding...I did A LOT), we got a ton of stuff checked off our "to-do before Bailey is born" list.

Kelly painted the kitchen. I have to just say that it is the kitchen of my dreams! Kelly went out on a limb and let me pick the color of the kitchen - a bright sunny yellow that is perhaps a shade or two brighter than she would have chosen on her own. However, it's AWESOME! I walk into the kitchen and feel like I've stepped directly into sunshine. It is literally, the kitchen I have dreamed about for years. I love it, love it, love it! Now, the entire downstairs is painted and we are DONE painting for right now...except the trim and doors in the kitchen...but that is minor compared to the walls.

While she was doing that on Saturday, I worked in the garden and started getting the beds ready for our spring planting. I had to move some of the plants to new locations in order to make room for our recently purchased plants. I also tilled some of the ground getting it ready. I also did some other outside maintenance work (like finally cleaning out and putting away the Christmas tree stand...LOL!). Then, I made a grocery list and did some indoor cleaning. After that, Kelly and I went out to dinner and then came home. I treated my sweetie to a long bath, a long massage and then some really good sleep!

Sunday came early, with me grocery and Target shopping before 8 AM. After that, all hell broke loose! Kelly did the second coat of paint in the kitchen while I cleaned the cars. Then we went outside together and did all the spring planting. Kelly did the brunt of this (including tilling the front bed...which is REALLY hard work). All the while, I did laundry and cleaned the house in between breaks.

All in all, we both worked non-stop all weekend until about 6:30 last night. Then we watched Georgetown make it to the final four and then went to bed. Where we both moaned and groaned in pain all night! LOL. BUT...we have the big things done. That's the most important thing of all...

As for Bailey - she's doing well. All the exercise and work this weekend meant that she didn't move around a lot. I think she gets overwhelmed when I'm really active, because she gets bounced around quite a bit. However, every time I would sit down for a minute, she would kick like mad a couple of times and then fall promptly asleep.

I actually feel further away from delivery than I did last week. In fact, I left work on Friday predicting that I would go into labor this weekend...that's how bad I felt. But, I'm feeling pretty good now. Tired, for sure...but not nearly as achy in my body as I was before. I'm not sure why...maybe it's that I'm getting used to the pressure of Bailey on my cervix and down in my pelvis. Maybe I'm just not paying as much attention to it. I also think that I had a bit of an attitude shift this weekend. I don't want Bailey born early...I want her to come when she's ready and healthy. I'm trying to keep my mind focused on that, rather than on my discomfort. She'll be here before we know it, and then this will all be forgotten.

Now it's Monday again...I'm going to focus one day at a time to get through this week. Hopefully it will go quickly...

No comments: