3/27/2007

Horray for Momma!

Not me...MY MOMMA!!!! I found out last night that my sweetheart, my darling, my love, my honey pie (insert gag) had worked out with my Mom a way for her to be here quickly for our birth!!!! The details have been taken care of and all that we need now is to go into labor and Mom will be on her way! Provided that Bailey gives us some time, Mom will be here to witness Bailey's birth into this world...and to provide me with that much needed "mommy-love" during what I suspect will be a very intense time for me.

I couldn't be happier. Honestly.

I truly feel like everything is coming together. I read other people's blogs who are close, and they seem to have so much left to do. I just don't feel that way. We are ready when Bailey is. Her room is ready, although we do need to "pick up" a bit...we've still got some stuff scattered from my baby shower here at work. We don't have the hospital bag packed, but we've made a full list, so if we go into labor before this weekend, we'll be able to pull it all together quickly. I've got our phone list ready and the birth file (with all the medical directives and protections for Kelly) ready to go.

The only thing that isn't ready yet is the car seat. We are having it installed by the state police professionals on the 7th of April. If she comes before then, we'll take it with us to the hospital and have the orderlies help us get it in.

But, I don't think she's coming early. I'm predicting sometime between week 38 and week 39. But she can take as long as wants. I want for her to healthy...and I'm feeling really good these days...

I'm sleeping well and my body is feeling okay. I have minor back aches and hip aches, but all told, I'm feeling better than I have in weeks. Bailey is low, and I can feel myself waddle when I walk. My belly looks different also. She's settled to the right side, and I'm lopsided most of the time. Basically, she's just hanging out. She kicks a lot and moves even more, but nothing that doesn't feel "normal" at this point.

I think that I'm just getting used to this feeling. It's definately like carrying a watermelon around between my legs...but okay. I can do this. The time is truly limited at this point and I'm kind of enjoying the ride.

At least for today.

No comments: