3/29/2007

From My New Office!

I am writing this post from my new office! Prior to about one hour ago, I shared a cubicle with another person. Not a horrible environment, but certainly lacking in privacy.

My new digs come with much more space, a certain level of prestige (because only some people actually get offices) and, most importantly...a LOCKING DOOR!!!!

Why, you might ask, is this so important? Well, because I intend to exclusively breastfeed for the first six months and in order to do that, I will have to pump like mad when I come back to work (they say 3-4 times a day).

I am lucky because my office provides a "mothers room" where I would be able to pump if I were still in my cube...but I would not have access to my email or to answer my phone. In other words, it's a significant time drain for me...and in all honesty, I'd be less likely to stick with it.

However, with my new office, I will be able to close and lock the door three or four times a day and still monitor my emails and telephone calls. In other words, I'll be able to continue my job and my role as mother at the same time!!! (I love multitasking...)

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

No comments: