3/08/2007

Baby Growing

That's what I do right now. I grow a baby. When I'm not 100% focused on that, I try not to fall too far behind in my work, I try to sleep and I try to love and take care of my partner (although, she really is doing the majority of the taking care of me right now...).

It's amazing how consuming this is. Honestly, I've never in my life spent so much time focused on one thing for such a long period of time. The baby is EVERYTHING in our world right now.

Here's an example - last night, I wanted to take a bath. Bailey likes the heat and it's a sure way to get her to drop out of the top of my uterus (and consequently, my rib cage!). I asked Kelly if she would be joining me upstairs. Now, I wasn't trying to be sexual or anything like that - but I was hoping that she'd want to come up and spend some time with me talking and all that. Her response back to me was "Yep, I'm going to come up and talk to Bailey." LOL - there you have it. We are consumed.

Worst case scenario - we are looking at 10 weeks left of being pregnant. Best case, we have five. Anything sooner than that, and we'll be very worried about our little honey. I'm focusing on five. If we get to that point and Bailey isn't coming yet, I'll focus week by week.

Right now, it's five weeks to go...

1 comment:

Mermaidgrrrl said...

Even if your baby were born now it would probably be absolutely fine, maybe just needing a few days in NICU or maybe needing no days there at all. If you haven't had BP issues then your baby is nice and big and healthy at this stage! I was so relieved to hit the 30 week mark because I knew then that everything would be fine even if baby does come a bit early :-) Well done on your controlled weight gain. You and I will be back in our pre-pregnancy clothes nearly straight away!