2/20/2007

The First of Three

I think that I have mentioned before that in addition to Bailey, there are two other little girls on the way in our immediately family. Kelly's sister is due two weeks before us and my younger brother's fiance is due on March 9th.

It looks as though the first of the three (my younger brother's daughter) is on her way! Contractions started yesterday and got regular. As of last night at 10:30, she had only dilated 2 centimeters, so the hospital sent her home. I haven't heard anything yet, but all signs point to Kendall being born soon!!!

Everyone send good vibes for a healthy delivery!

Other than that, the weekend was lovely. We finally entered the 21st century yesterday. We now have digital phone, cable and cable internet. Amazing. We can get online without dial up. We have multiple channels. We have all kinds of phone features. It's amazing. Really.

Kelly could care less - and honestly, I don't care about the television - but the cable modem is REALLY important to me. I love the internet and love being connected in a way that lets me actually use it. Groovy.

We'll get the TV cut off when Bailey is old enough to want to watch it. It's yucky, with lots of yucky programming on it. We'd rather she not be subjected to it.

But for now, I'm hoping it provide my exhaustion-weary brain some entertainment while I'm breast feeding in the middle of the night. And during the day. While I'd love to pretend like I'm going to read more, the reality is that reading requires thinking and thinking requires sleep and sleep is something I don't anticipate having much of while I'm at home with Bailey.

So...mindless entertainment is good...

No comments: