1/05/2007

Pictures Posted!

Be sure to scroll down - as promised, I posted pictures of the Best Christmas Gift of 2006 and my 23 Week Baby Bump. I also posted a cute photo of another of our babies...

All is good. I am struggling through sleep these days. It seems that no matter what position I am in, I'm not comfortable. The only position I was ever comfortable in before was either flat on my back or on my belly. Neither option is available to me for long periods of time. The baby will still tolerate a little bit of pressure on my tummy, but it doesn't take long until s/he begins to kick and carry on (impossible to sleep through). My back isn't an option because they say it's not safe (although it doesn't make me sick anymore) and because I snore REALLY loudly in that position (impossible for Kelly to sleep through). So, my side it is. But that's not comfortable. My hands and arms fall asleep.

And, if I have managed to get comfortable and actually fall asleep, I am woken by the newest of all sensations...the constant need to pee.

This is actually a new thing for me. I've not had any major pee crisis during this pregnancy until now. But in the last couple of weeks, the baby has grown a lot and is now sitting directly on my bladder. Not only that, s/he has the strength to kick my bladder and make it felt. All of this leaves me rushing to the potty constantly (like every 20-30 minutes). Which is a problem when I'm trying to get some sleep.

Oh well...the joys of it all. I really don't mind. This is so much better (and managable) then being sick all the time. At least I feel human (sort of). I can keep Kelly fed, which is a bonus for me. Most nights, I even have the energy to rub her back until she falls asleep (a cherished ritual for us that has taken a back burner since the pregnancy started). All in all, I think that I'm going to survive the next four months. And it's about time that this become moderately enjoyable! I've been waiting for those wonderful days of pregnancy that everyone said would come. Well...here they are (I think).

LOL - and even if it goes away, I don't care. I love our baby. I love that I can carry our baby. And I'm willing to be as miserably sick and tired and frusterated as it takes to carry this baby until she or he is ready to make his or her grand entrance into our world.

No comments: