1/11/2007

Love My Wife

It an interesting thing for me to watch Kelly fall in love with our baby. Last night, I was just sitting on the couch, with my belly uncovered. I enjoy the cold air on it, and I like to feel the baby move. It's still easier to feel without clothes.

So, there I was, just hanging out, watching the news and rubbing my belly. Kelly came over and plopped down in front of me and started to talk to and kiss my belly. The connection she feels to our child growing inside of me makes me love her in a way that I never thought possible.

I've always loved Kelly - that much is obvious. But to watch her fall in love with our child brings on emotions for me that have no name and no description and no equal. Just when I thought I loved her a deeply as I could, I discovered that there was a whole part of my heart and soul I had never ventured into.

I am truly the luckiest woman in the world.

No comments: