1/16/2007

Another Milestone

On Sunday, I decided that what I need (and what our Little Honey needed) was a soak in our big tub with lots of bubbles and luke-warm water. I hate hot water...LOL. I hate everything hot. I'm constantly hot these days, so I was looking for something to cool me off!

Anyway.

I took my bottle of ice water, my book (I've recently discovered the local library...YES!!!) and myself and began a long session of bath soaking. About 20 minutes into the bath, with the bubbles starting to disappear and the air getting pretty cold, I felt our little honey start to kick. My hands were resting on my protruding tummy, holding the book at the time. Interestingly, the book bounced at the same time that I felt the kick. Hmmm. This is new. So, I put the book down and started watching. Sure enough, no more than a few seconds later, another strong kick came...accompanied by a visual show! I was able to see my belly jump around as our little honey kicked me!

I quickly called to Kelly, who was on the phone with her sister. She came running (I forget that she worries about me more these days). I pointed to my tummy and mouthed for her to watch. Little Honey didn't disapoint. No more than a few seconds later, the baby kicked again...and my belly jumped along with her. Kelly smiled the biggest smile I had ever seen and then just sat and watched. When the baby would calm down, Kelly would pour water on my tummy and the baby would spring back to action!

It was just awesome.

Yet another milestone in our developing child's life.

No comments: