12/18/2006

I love this...

...or not. Sigh. It was another longish weekend. We had a wonderful time on Saturday evening and Sunday morning with Kelly's mom and stepdad. It was nice to have company, and they brought us something. I can't say anything more because we promised...but I will elaborate as soon as I can.

After they left, I realized that I was feeling like hell. I spent two hours on the couch watching old episodes of Queer as Folk and then went upstairs to shower. After showering, I fell asleep for a little bit. Then, back downstairs. I finally found some energy around 5:30 last night...but was still in bed by 8 PM.

I wonder if I will ever feel like myself again.

By all accounts, the baby is growing as s/he should. My belly gets more and more swollen by the day. I swear that I grow overnight. It's amazing. When I sit down, my belly button doesn't hide anymore. This probably is a new concept for those of you who are thin, but if you're a larger person, you know what I mean. My belly button has taken on a whole new look, too. It's interesting. Overall, I'm round and obviously pregnant. My belly doesn't ever fade into the background anymore, and I only have five work shirts that still fit. After the holiday, Kelly and I are going to hit some sales and get some new shirts for me. Ugg. I hate shopping. Actually, I loathe it. I'd rather be beaten with a spiked belt (yes, I really hate it that bad).

I find that I can't keep my hands off my belly these days. Ever since the 20 week ultrasound, I find that I'm drawn to the baby. I want to touch him or her all the time. It's funny because I almost feel as though the baby needs the comfort...when I understand that it's really me who needs it. I also want Kelly to touch the baby more and more. She's spent more time with her hands on my belly, talking to our child and enjoying the roundness of my tummy. It's new...and it's really cool. It's almost like active parenting - we are engaged with the little life inside of me. We need to start expanding our children's book collection - so that we can read to the little honey. And I should probably start listening to "lighter" music. I"m still prone to crank up the hip hop station and dance while I drive. LOL - our little honey is going to come out rocking...

Not much more to report. I'll write again tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mermaidgrrrl said...

I despise clothes shopping! Most stuff at the maternity shops doesn't fit me, so I'm faced with having to go to normal plus-size shops and trying on nearly everything in it to find something that will fit the belly. Argh!