11/24/2006

Wonderful Holiday!

It was a wonderful, festive start to the holiday season!

Kelly and I spent Thanksgiving in West Virginia with her family. It was warm, welcoming and very festive. Her entire family gathered in one location and we ate good food, laughed, talked and enjoyed ourselves. I made pies, and they were a hit! It meant the world to me that another family appreciated them.

After a long day of being with family, Kelly and I went to our hotel and enjoyed some much needed quiet time (think lots of snoring...LOL!).

This morning (Friday), we met with Kelly's mom and sister for breakfast. Kelly and I had done a bit of Black Friday shopping prior to breakfast. Then we rushed home to make it Kohl's before 1 PM! We purchased a set of flannel sheets for our king sized bed for $20 and another cotton set for $15. I LOVE DEALS!

After arriving home, we got online and completed our christmas shopping. Other than a couple of assorted gift cards, we are done! Again...lovely...

I'm about to go out and bring home some Stone Cold Creamery. For just one more day, we're going to pretend like calories don't matter and enjoy the start of this wonderful, wonderful season.

Tomorrow is Christmas Card day. This is likely to overlap into Sunday as well. Next weekend is the tree.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

In other news, it seems that our little honey has realized that s/he have an entire uterus to occupy. I have seemingly exploded overnight. My belly is bigger, rounder, harder and achier than it's been this entire pregnancy. I've gone from looking puffy to pregnant overnight (and I don't think it was Thanksgiving dinner). It's a strange thing, and come with various aches and pains that I don't really enjoy. BUT...it's all for a good cause.

I've also realized that the weird fluttery, vibrating-like sensations in my lower belly, are in fact the baby moving. They seem to happen when I'm laying down, and I notice when I'm waking up or just about to fall asleep - in other words, when I'm not moving much. They are not powerful and if I wasn't paying attention, I would miss them.

It's interesting to have a butterfly in my belly that will one day be our baby. I wish Kelly could feel it too.

No comments: