11/01/2006

WARNING - TMI!

Don't say you haven't been warned. This blog is all about my breasts, so if you don't want to read or know about them, just click away now!

So, you've heard me complain nearly constantly about how large it feels like my breast have gotten and how sore they are and how much I'm not liking this part of the process. Well, over the weekend I noticed that my nipples seem to be moist a lot of the time. Not like seriously noticable, just slightly. Kind of sticky feeling.

Well last night, as I was examining them (something I do regularly to check for lumps and anything irregular), I noticed that tiny bits of clear liquid were coming from my nipples! OH MY GOD!!!!! How freakin' exciting is that?????

I am so incredibly happy about this new development. I really want to breast feed. For a long time. When I come back to work, I'm going to take advantage of the mothers room and I'm going to pump regularly. I want to feed my children with my body for a long as my body allows. So, to see this beginning to happen is beyond exciting for me!!!

Up until last night, my breasts were a bother. Something that seemed to just get in my way and hurt me through the day. Last night they became what they have always been meant to be...CAFETERIAS!!!!

I can't wait for more of these really cool changes.

Gosh, this process is just facinating and awe inspiring. I love it. Even the crappy stuff. Don't let my thunder-cloud moods make you think differently. This is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me (well...actually, meeting Kelly is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me, but I suspect that the birth of our child will nudge right up there for a tied first-place!).

Cherrio for today! I'm gonna take my leaking breasts and my aching uterus and my slight head ache and spend today smiling. I get to be a woman, who gets to carry a wonderful child into this world. How lucky am I???

1 comment:

specks0615 said...

hi chicorita's! it's your neighbor! i'm sooooo happy 4 u 2!

yepp - y'all got milk! and got it now. breast milk is the sweetest milk around which is why they have hissy fits looking/sniffing for you.

try some warm compresses or have kelly breeaavvee on 'em one time. massage them if you can to keep those lines open! soon - you won't have to do a darn thang but lay those jugs down!