11/29/2006

Sick Day

Ugg. I hate sick days. I felt mildly yucky yesterday, but put it out of my mind and went on with life. Last night, I woke up (wide awake, mind you) at 12:45. After laying in bed for a half hour, trying not to wake Kelly up and thinking about how hungry I was, I finally got up. I ate, read a little and went back to bed. Where I proceeded to lay in bed and wonder when I would fall asleep. At around 3:45, Kelly woke me up to tell me to roll over (apparently my snoring had woken her). I got up, feeling the rush of dizzyness and the pounding head, went to the bathroom and stumbled back to bed all the while trying to convince myself that another hour and 15 minutes of sleep would help. At 5 AM, Kelly's alarm went off (I didn't even hear it). I told her to wake me up when she got out of the shower. A few minutes later I realized the buzzing in my head, the aching in my body, the pounding in the back of my skull right at the base of my neck and the body shaking shivers were a sure sign that this Mamma is sick.

So, I stumbled to the bathroom, told Kelly I was calling in, called my boss's voicemail and laid back down.

The baby took that moment to decide that despite our late-night snack, food was a priority. Uggg. My aching body got back up and I sat in the bathroom to wait for Kelly. I didn't want to fall going down our stairs as sick as I was feeling. One bagel, a pear and a glass of milk later, Kelly left for work and I went back to bed. I woke up about an hour ago, called work and got a couple of things squared away and tried to lay back down.

No sir. The baby is tired of laying. There will be no more sleep right now, no matter how much my body needs it.

So here I am. I'm gonna finish this, check my email and then stumble into some clothes. I'm going to drag myself to WalMart and score some pregnancy-approved flu drugs, some juice and a body pillow for my aching body (and my enlarged tummy). Hopefully the journey will exhaust me and I'll be able to sleep through the day.

Hopefully.

No comments: