11/28/2006

Not Much News

Yesterday was relatively normal. Early to rise, lots of work, early to bed.

The highlight of the day is when one of Kelly's christmas presents arrived. I gave it to her early! Very early. LOL.

I couldn't help myself.

When we bought a king bed about a year ago, we moved from a very heavy Tommy Hilfiger comforter to a light and fluffy down comforter. I was delighted. Kelly was not. She's spent the last year flopping, adding blankets and shivering the night away. Poor girl. She just gets cold - no matter how much heat I put out.

Well, I found a great deal on the exact same comforter that we had on our queen bed...in a king size! I got it because I know that she likes it - she loved the other. The last couple of days she has been freezing. We keep our house pretty cool during the night and she hasn't been sleeping. On Friday we bought a set of flannel sheets, and I was so excited to combine that with the new comforter!

Kelly was very happy. Me too.

Tonight we will make the journey to the laundry mat to wash the comforter. And tonight, we will snuggle down into our very heavy, very warm bed.

At least, she will. I'll be on the other side of the bed, with the covers kicked off and the sweat pooled under me. BUT...I'll sleep better knowing that my love is warm and cozy.

No comments: