10/07/2006

Simple

This morning has been perfect! It started out with a perfect, cozy night with my honey last night. We watched a movie in the family room, with the fireplace blazing. We ate fettachini alfredo for dinner (which sat VERY well). We giggled, and snuggled and talked and enjoyed each other's company. Kelly is my most comfortable pair of slippers, the warmest and most relaxing place I know to go when I get overwhelmed. She's my very best friend, and the one person I know will always face my worst fears with me. Nights like last night remind me of how lucky I am. And how nice it is to be able to just let go of my stress and dissolve in the arms of someone who really does know how to take it all away and make me smile again.

I slept blissfully. And woke up rested. Hungry, but not sick. I ate and then fell back asleep on the couch by the fireplace. I woke up an hour or so later to Kelly getting up. We made breakfast and watched another movie.

The day seems full of possibility. We're going out...not sure where, though. I think that we'll go to the mall for a little bit. Then maybe to Lowes or Walmart. We don't really need anything, but we love to get out.

Goodness. I love simple, easy days in the company of my honey. How perfect...

No comments: