10/06/2006

Baby Nation

If you are following the stories of some of our friends on the blogs listed to the left, you'll know that M&S are PREGNANT!!!!! I cannot begin to express how happy this makes us. It's hard to have people that you care about go through something as tough of not getting pregnant when you know that they are ready and will be such amazing parents. After sending all my prayers, fertility dances and best energy their way, we are so happy to be able to share in their joy!!! Congratulations, M & S! And consider this our promise - dinner is on us at your convenience! Just name the date and place and we're there!

Perhaps the Mama group should all go out to the Melting Pot (fancy, huh??) and celebrate our universal fertility...hmmmm...

So, I'm feeling marginally better today. I'm at work and while I'm mildly queasy, I have a ton of work and that helps me stay focused and keeps my mind off this pukey feeling. I'm looking forward to the cold, rainy weekend in store for us. We were going to do yard work, but as it's supposed to rain all weekend, it doesn't look likely. We'll probably work on the baby's room for a while and watch movies. I might try to convince my honey to take me to see the Gaurdian...

We found out that Kelly's cousin, her partner and their daughter will be coming (probably) to spend next weekend with us. I'm SOOOO excited. I love entertaining, but most importantly, these are two women who have been amazingly supportive through this whole process. We're looking forward to spending the weekend playing and enjoying our time together. I'm going to do some cooking (Kelly's been wanting a pumpkin cheesecake) and hopefully we'll get into some good fun with their daughter. Best of all, there is no one in the world who makes me laugh quite as hard at the mundane as S (the partner of Kelly's cousin). And old friend from way back, it promises to be a jolly good time!

All of which has put me in a wonderful mood. To hell with queasiness - I'm going to enjoy this cold, rainy weekend come hell or high water (or splashing vomit...LOL!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you two!!