10/18/2006

Peppermint Patty Kind of Day...

Just a little aside before I even begin - if there is something that I've been craving in recent weeks it's peppermint patties and junior mints. Something about the sweet-not-so-sweetness of the dark chocolate and firey mint that I really like. So any day that includes peppermint patties is a VERY GOOD day.

And that is exactly the kind of day that today is!

First, I woke up this morning realizing that nine years ago today, my honey came in to my life. I knew, from the second that she typed her way into my world that I had met the reason that I was born. I had found my purpose. For those of you who don't really know me as well as others, I'm quite traditional. Sure, I've lived some crazy stories, but at the core of it all is the most basic need for stability and calm. My one true dream has been to love one person for my entire life and to make a home and be a good wife and mother. Kelly, you've made all of my dreams come true. I look around me and there is nothing I would add and nothing I would take away. For all the cheesiness of this, you complete me. You make me whole and without you I can't imagine my world. I love you - with all my heart, from the very depth of my soul. Happy Anniversary.

Next, we were off to our first prenatal appointment! Let me just say that it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! The practice is a man and woman team - we met with the woman today and will meet with the man next. They work together, so either one could deliver us. We had a great experience talking to her and sharing my history. There was nothing but warmth and comfort - no weirdness, no strange vibes. Nothing. It was just comfortable.

The first thing they did was weigh me. And, let me just say that today makes 12 weeks and I HAVE GAINED NO WEIGHT!!!!!! I couldn't be happier if I tried. Kelly and I have been really focused on making sure that I eat good foods, in the right amounts and with the right blend of craving-fix and nutrition. It seems to be paying off! I'm the exact same weight I was at 5 weeks, and I am just delighted. I have dreaded the thought of putting on a lot of weight and was very, very nervous about this. So...that was the first good news!

The second good news is that they did an ultrasound!!!!!! It was absolutely amazing. You can really see our little honey in there. S/he was very active. So active, in fact, that Dr. Jones had a hard time getting the measurment. We watched as our little honey waved his/her arms and used his/her little legs to kick off the walls of my uterus. S/he was also doing some side-t0-side twisting (we could tell because the spine kept coming in and out of view!). It was sweet and funny and incredibly moving. I grabbed Kelly's hand and just watched in wonder at this little human being inside my body. What an amazing experience it is to be a woman and get to house this child for now. I feel very lucky, and very blessed.

We did get a picture, and I will post it tonight. I promise not to wait 4 weeks again! LOL!

So, now I'm at work. It's a short half day and I'm looking forward to going home and spending a quite evening with my love. One more day of work and then we're off to Maine to celebrate our anniversary, our move into the second trimester and my grandfather's wedding!

:-) Mikki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany said...Wow that is so funny we just talked about that over the weekend. But mine to be frozen. Oh and don't worry the weight gain doesn't usually come until the 5th month unless your like me and loose 20lbs then gain 11 in one week! Good luck to ya girl!