10/16/2006

Flat on my back...

Well, actually, not really. See, that's the problem. I can't sleep on my back anymore. Ugg. I'm a back sleeper. Specifically, with one arm thrown up over my head and one leg out from under the covers. This is how I fall asleep. Has been for a long time. But I can't do that anymore. For anyone who hasn't been pregnant, it leaves me with the most nauseated-can't-breath-gonna-puke feeling I've ever had. It's horrible.

So, idiot that I am, I took a nap yesterday afternoon to rejuvinate for a dinner with the Mamas. I fell asleep on the couch, on my back. I woke up feeling absolutely, 100% completely horrible. I thought I was going to pass out, puke and cry all at the same time. It was awful. Kelly took one look at me and made me sit and refused to let me get up until some color came back. We had to cancel our dinner plans and I spent the rest of the evening feeling quite horrible.

NOT the way that I wanted to end what had been an absolutely wonderful weekend!

Kelly's cousin and her partner came up with their daughter for the weekend and we had a marvelous time! K (the daughter) is absolutely adorable, with lots of energy. Kelly and I spent the weekend enjoying the sound of little-girl laughter and enjoying her antics. I think that she was showing off a bit because we're new people in her life. Not that we minded one bit. It was so much fun to have a little girl doing cheers in our family room and drawing sweet pictures and singing songs. We are kid people - it was nice to have a kid around. To make it all the better, the adults had a great time too! We spent Saturday sight seeing downtown and enjoying being in DC.

It was a wonderful weekend...

So...to end it all by being sick was not the way that I wanted it to happen. But oh well.

This is a big week for us. On Wednesday, we have our first real prenatal appoitnment with our OB. Wednesday also marks nine years that we have known and loved each other. We're very excited that we get to share our anniversary with our first prenantal appointment. It seems fitting. On Friday we fly to Maine to enjoy some time together, do some Christmas shopping and attend my grandfather's wedding.

Very exciting...

No comments: