9/14/2006

Heart Stopping and Life Altering

Those are the only two phrases that I can think of to express how wonderful yesterday was. We had our final appointment with the fertility clinic yesterday. We had an ultrasound and this time, we saw our little honey's heart beating wildly. We were also lucky enough to be able to hear it for the first time. Amazing. Truly amazing.

I guess we're just star-struck, first-time parents, but it blew our minds. I've never felt so elated and so damn lucky. That was our child's heart pounding away wildly on that monitor. All I could do was stare. And count my blessings. I am loved by an amazing woman and we have been given this incredible little life to protect and nurture and share this amazing world with. What a gift. What a truly amazing gift...

We've got pictures and I promise that as soon as I get home I'll scan and upload them. Our little honey is teeny tiny, but still absolutely adorable! LOL!

No comments: