9/03/2006

Greetings from Maine

If you ever wonder what it is that I'm thinking about when I'm staring off into space, the answer is this wonderful, wonderful place called Maine. I love this state. I love the people, the air, the energy, the flowers, the ocean, the temperature, the easy going nature of it all, the good fish that I can eat here, my historical connection to this place.

Most of all, though, I love that as soon as I cross that big green bridge my shoulders relax and it seems that my 150 mile per hour life just gets to slow right down to about 45 miles per hour. It seems that when I'm here, I can breathe. I can stop for just a little bit and actually take some time to put the things around me into perspective.

Of course, that is because my real life doesn't happen here. If it did, Maine would just be the state where I lived. But because I don't live here anymore, Maine has become my mystical get-away-from-it-all place. This is where I decompress.

I love this state.

No comments: