9/08/2006

Community

What an amazing, wonderful gift it is to be part of a community of woman who are walking the same super-highway of life that Kelly and I find ourselves on. When I lived in Maine, I had community without realizing that I had it. My Mom, my best friend, my dearest friend from college (that's you, Joce...), and all of the other people who made up the background color of my life. There were lots of people.

Then, I moved here. Pretty much, the only community that I had for a very long time was Kelly. We were together, happy, in love and didn't need anyone. As we headed into the process of becoming parents, though, we realized that we needed community and friends. We just didn't realize that what we would find would be this incredible, strong, diverse group of women who bring such warmth and caring into our lives.

Ladies - just so you know, we really do appreciate that you are a part of this journey with us. Having you all as part of my circle has made this place home, and has made this part of my life rich and much more meaningful. I think that I can speak for both of us when I say that we wouldn't be doing as well as we are without you all to share this with. I can only hope that for years to come we will all be blessed to raise our children together and support one another through parenting!

No comments: