9/10/2006

35 MPH

You know when you're driving down some country road and you find yourself stuck behind some huge vehicle driving about 35 miles per hour? All you can see inside the car is a small poof of white hair, and you just know that you'll be stuck going 35 miles per hour for the rest of your journey?

Well, that's about how frusterating my constant need for sleep is for me. Yesterday, I napped for a total of 4 hours, spread over three different naps. AND, I slept a full night on either end. It's only 11:30 and already today, I've had one one-hour nap. Insanity. I'm the person with endless energy. You know - the one who can go and go and go and go and...well you get the point.

Suddenly, I find myself forced to slow down, to sleep, to rest.

I'm blessed, and so thankful to have, a wonderful partner who encourages me. Rather than be frusterated with me, she reminds me that my body is working really hard right now and keeps things quiet while I crash out. I can't imagine not having her there to back me up and make sure that our lives continue to move forward - even as my energy level slows to a cold-molasses like crawl.

The funny thing is that I've now been up for about and hour and a half since my last nap, and once again, I'm hungry and tired.

It's almost like comedy. Almost.

No comments: