11/24/2009

Ramblings

Kelly was quick to point out that my last posy was wrong...LOL! Connor was only a couple of days away from being 9 months old when his tooth was cut...not 8 1/2 months. AND, we had not moved the crib to the lowest setting...it was moved to the middle setting.

But, since that post, it has gone down to the lowest. And Connor has gone from a tentative crawler to a full blown crawler! On Saturday, he just took off. He's a boy on the move!

His 9 month check up was yesterday. He weighed 21 pounds, 11 ounces. For the life of me, I can't remember his length, but I know he was very close to the 75th percentile. He's a big boy! He was also given the first of two H1N1 shots and a hep B vaccine. Then we had to get his blood drawn. He was cleared for surgery next week.

So, I think the time has come to let you all in on the newest plans. On December 31st, I am submitting my notice and staying home with our kids. I have always said that I never wanted to do this, but once again, fate called my bluff. Turns out that forgiving myself allowed me to see beyond my fear and my own perception of myself as an unfit parent. I want to be with my kids. My life revolves around my family. I am so tired of allowing the insanity of my job come before them. We worked it out financially, and on January 15, I start a new job. Probably the hardest one I've ever had! But I can't wait.

Kelly, with her characteristic risk management, has been hesitant. She agrees with all the "why's" but she worries about me. Which makes her a good wife. She's on board and together we will make this work.

I am excited, and feel like I have found the right solution for right now. No promises for the future - I'm not making plans. For now, I'm going to do this...later? Who knows...and frankly, who cares?

2 comments:

Karen B Prosser said...

Mikki,
Get rid of the fucking gun. I mean it.

I love you and I'm so glad for the news, your growth, Kelly's concern, and the joy those kids are going to feel when they have more time with their Momma.

Happy turkey day to all of you.

Jenni said...

Wow, Mikki, congratulations! Being a SAHM is by far the hardest job I've ever had, but it's also incredibly rewarding. Hope you three will come up for some play dates!