11/16/2009

Grown Up Overnight

It seems that our children grow up in lurches and leaps instead of the slow pace we might wish for.

Over the course of last night Connor crawled for the first time and pulled himself up to standing in his crib for the first time!

The crawling ended a long-running bet between Kelly and I. I arbitrarily picked November 17 out of the air and said he wouldn't crawl until after that date. Little man beat my date by two days!!!

As for the crib standing - it ushers us into what is fast becoming a sleep problem. Connor doesn't like to be left. Ever. The second you lay him down, he screams. Now, he has the ability to stand up and look for us.

His days in our room are numbered...but Kelly is in charge of this decision, so I am backing off and letting her decide. After all, when he is up in the night, it is her (and her breasts) he want. I firmly believe that the partner handling the load gets the lion's share of the decision...

More later!

No comments: