9/10/2009

Running Crazy

I'm busy, busy, busy at work. That's the long and short of it all and quite simply, I don't have time to talk.

But.

I did promise to try to be a better blogger.

These days, I'm just feeling overwhelmed. It used to be that once a year, right around the fall, I got this inexplicable urge to rattle the cage. Make changes. It always correlated really nicely with school starting. It was a change, a new challenge. Even if a week into classes, I was tired of them, the change always worked to pull me out of my funk.

After school, it was the holidays. The approaching fall meant time to plan for what is the best time of the year for me.

This year, nothing is working.

I am restless. Not restless in a bad way - not like I have been after the birth of my children. Restless - like I need to find a purpose. A passion. I am loath to admit that this is probably just another side effect of having young children and commuting and working and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I mean, how fucking boring is that? How uninspired and unoriginal.

I want something. I don't know what it is. I don't know how to find it. And I don't have time to search. I don't have money to buy new experiences.

But more than all of those "don'ts", I don't have time to feel restless.

Somethings gotta give.

No comments: