8/18/2008

Have You Ever

Have you ever just stood still in the middle of your swarming life, listened to the sounds, allowed the emotions of your thoughts and feeling to crash over you and felt every one of them in excrutiating detail?

I just had one of those moments. I was sitting in the cafe here at work, eating my Lean Cuisine and reading my book. For no reason at all, I set my book down and staring at the mac and cheese in my meal, had one of those moments.

In the 30 seconds that it lasted, I felt more joy, love, calm and ecstacy than I have ever felt.

This is my life. This is my wife. This is my daughter. That child growing in my wife's uterus is mine. Those are my cats. That is my house, with my sunny yellow kitchen that my wife painted just for me. This is my ring, laced with the promise of forever. This is the soul of my life, the meaning, the purpose. This is my calling. I am right where I am supposed to be. This is my definition of love.

1 comment:

bleu said...

That is so very very beaurtiful.