8/22/2008

Flowing Happiness

This morning virtually flowed with happiness for me. Bailey was a in a great mood, Kelly (although more sick than she has been in a while) was in a good mood and I was in a fabulous mood. Lots of giggles happened at breakfast, lots of kissing happened before breakfast and a general good mood followed us until we parted ways at work.

Ahhhh, how I love mornings like this.

The weather has me feeling like a million bucks. It's been relatively cool (80-85) with little humidity. In the morning the air is crisp and as soon as the sun goes down, the crispness comes back. It makes me think of crisp apples, orange pumkins, the smell of fall and the onslaught of Christmas stuff in the store.

God, I come alive when it starts to trend towards fall. This is, hands down, my favorite time of the year. I get, literally, breathless with excitement when I think about a few short years from now when Bailey will be getting ready for school. I found myself daydreaming this morning about having to hold myself back in Staples while Bailey reads through her supplies list and makes her selections. This was my absolute favorite thing about the end of summer when I was in school. After our massive clothes/supplies trip that we would make every year, I would come home and organize all my clothes and supplies. Happily creating piles and ordering by subject. I would repack my bookbag a million times before the start of school. God, I loved it. And I am going to get to go through it all over again over and over as our children get ready for school. No doubt, Bailey will love it as much as I did. She's like that. She has already picked up on so many of the things that we like - order, tidiness. Perhaps she won't have the same level of compulsion that I did...but I bet she will. LOL!

Anyway. Today is a good day. A really good day and my mind is thinking about fall and Christmas and cool weather and trips to see family for the holidays. Happiness.

No comments: