8/11/2008

Bad Olympian

Okay, so we all know I'm not an Olympian...but I do seem to be the only person on the face of the planet who isn't watching the Olympics and who really doesn't care about what is happening. I certainly don't begrudge anyone their enthusiasm, and I feel bad that I don't have more of it myself.

Perhaps it's because we're so damn tired? Being pregnant, the parents of Bailey and trying to maintain our own relationship has left us burning the candle at both ends with a lot of exhaustion to show for it.

Kelly is still sick. She's now progressed to vomitting multiple times a day. We're going to try a new drug - something other than the Reglan that she was given at her last appointment. Maybe that will help. We've both set our sights on Week 15, when we hope that this will have mostly gone away. Time is the best healer in this situation, but boy, we wish it would happen more quickly.

In any event, we're hanging in there. I enjoy listening to people talk about the Olympics and the few minutes I catch here and there make me pretty happy too. For this year, that is enough.

No comments: