7/10/2008

My Poor Girl

I feel so bad for Kelly!!!!!! The morning sickness seems to ramp up every day. This morning, I came out of the bathroom at around 5 AM, ready to head to work, and found her lying in bed looking like a dump truck had hit her. She told me that she couldn't move - her belly was just waiting for her to stand so that it could throw up. I asked what I could get her - would food help? Toast? Crackers? She asked for cream of wheat and one piece of cinnamon toast. As she was asking for it, I could tell that she felt bad. She caught me checking the clock, trying to gauge my morning and figure out how to make it to work on time. After looking at Kelly again, I decided that I didn't care about work and headed downstairs to make her breakfast.

I brought it up, and then headed back downstairs to stuff the dishes into the dishwasher, prepare Bailey's snacks for daycare, and get her breakfast ready so that all Kelly would have to do is scramble a couple of eggs, get her started eating (she feeds herself mostly) and then head out the door.

Kelly, I know that you are feeling bad these days, about how "needy" (your words...not mine) you are. So hear me when I tell you this - your ONLY job right now is to be pregnant and to drag yourself through your days. Trying to keep yourself fed when food makes you want to puke is exhausting. Playing with Bailey when you have a hurt back is exhausting. Waking up when your entire body is working on something other than you is exhausting. And no matter how stressed I may seem in any given moment, I KNOW how hard it is to grow a baby and I understand where you are. Please, know that I love you and will take care of you through this. You need to let go of your anxiety and lean on me. I can carry the load. I promise you that I won't let you down.

1 comment:

Susanica said...

Hi Mikki and Kelly. So sorry to hear how miserable you're feeling Kelly. I hope that this morning sickness is just an "early in the first trimester" sort of problem and that it gets better soon. And of course I hope your back is better soon too. Let us know how we can help. -Monica and Susanne