6/04/2008

Not Happy

I am so not happy with the Democratic Party right now. I know that there are many Obama supporters who read this blog, and please know that I mean no disrespect. But I don't like the man and I don't believe his rhetoric about change.

I am one of those angry Clinton-supporters. And I'm very angry. My gut says this is wrong, but I also can see that I am having an emotional response to a political situation. I am not on the trail with Clinton or Obama and maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see how he can win. I don't believe that he can. I think we're going to get another four years of a Republican president and I think McCain is awful.

Obama has a lot to do to win my support. I hope he doesn't offer Hillary the VP slot. And if he offers, I hope she doesn't take it. I would hate to see her take number two to a man that I don't believe in.

I see two options. To vote a Democratic ticket to support my party or to not vote. Since I openly mock people who don't vote, it's probably a safe bet that I will vote against what my heart says is right.

For now, I'm checking out of politics. I don't believe in the system anymore and I don't believe that the right person has the nomination. To say that I feel left behind by my party is an understatement. If I could convince myself that McCain wouldn't screw the country, I'd vote Republican. But that will never happen. I am a Democrat, and I believe the party deserves my loyalty, even when I completely disagree with the direction.

Onward to November.

No comments: