5/21/2008

What's New?

In a word, nothing. Honestly, things are perpetually crazy in our life and chaotically wonderful.

We are looking forward to our long weekend. Not much doing except a birthday party for dear Danny on Monday. Maybe we'll BBQ. Maybe we'll have a picnic. Maybe we'll sit on the floor with our Bailey and let the house go to shit and the laundry remain undone. Not likely. But maybe.

I'm excited about Pride this year. My plan is to get us to march with the family contingent. I say "my plan" because I have not yet secured a "yes" from Kelly. I am unlikely to secure one until a couple of days before the event...LOL! But, we'll at least go to the parade.

I love being around all those gay people. I love the gay boys. I love all the butch dykes. I love being surrounded by people who love like me and who have families like mine. It makes me feel comfortable and at peace. Perhaps, it's because I know that I am always surrounded by people who are different than me. I don't know.

In someone else's life, Kelly and I would go out on Pride night to the dyke parties happening all over town. I'd get drunk, dance till I wanted to fall over and be surrounded by beautiful women. Then, I'd sleep late the next day and have a late brunch with my wife after a night of partying.

That's someone else's life, though. In reality, we'll take our very tired child home after the parade. She'll fall asleep in the car and that will be that!

No comments: