4/28/2008

Long and Rambling

I've become a bad blogger again. After keeping up with this at least once a day for a while, I got lost in real life again!

I'm back, but I must say that I will probably not be back every day. A big change is happening at work. I am one of two coordinators in an office of four. There is my boss - our manager - me and CJ (the two coordinators) and then Morrice - our assistant.

Well, CJ is scheduled to be induced to have her baby on May 3rd. She is planning to work Monday - Thursday of this week. After Thursday, I'm on my own. Because of the economic slowdown, the firm is not going to replace her in any capacity (unless of course you count my overtime as replacing CJ). I'm going to spend the next 16 weeks working my ass off.

Not that I mind or begrudge her the time with her daughter (of course), but it will effect my reality.

Anyway - the point of that is to say that I'm gonna be busy...super busy.

We had some unexpected downtime this weekend. Bailey hasn't been feeling well and yesterday she took a 3 hour nap. Seriously. Got up at around 7:15 and then went back to bed for 3 hours at 9:30. For the first hour and a half, Kelly and I worked frantically to get stuff done. I was washing our sheets and scrubbing our bathroom (something that SORELY needed to be done). I try to do that while she is sleeping because I use all kinds of chemicals (I know, I know...but they make me feel cleaner, if I'm not!). As I was madly scrubbing away, she never woke up.

Eventually, Kelly finished her banking stuff and moved on to grilling lunch. I finished the bathroom and then we remade the bed. She grilled while I showered. Still, no Bailey. I went downstairs after my shower (which wasn't short), and did the dishes, cleaned up her toys and got her lunch ready. Kelly grilled 3 packages of soy hot dogs and 16 turkey burgers (we all love them, they are healthy, quick and low fat!). Still, no Bailey.

FINALLY, just as I was finishing prepping lunch, Bailey woke up.

It's funny because there was never really a minute where to stopped to relax. It felt like an unexpected gift to get a bunch of shit done...but not really relaxing. And we missed her the entire time. We kept asking each other - "have you heard her yet?" When she finally woke up, we were so happy!!!

She slept all night, straight through and is just now waking up. Literally, 13 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I can't remember what that feels like!

No comments: