2/05/2008

She Speaks

Yes, it finally happened. Bailey spoke her first easily understandable, obviously associated words last night. She also took a step. But that was more of an accident.

In the bath last night, as she was laying back on her cushion and I was washing her hair, she reached up and touched my lips and said "Momma" three or four times. It was clear. She wasn't babbling "mamamamama"..it was a clear "Momma" then a pause. Then again. Then one more time. On the third one, she smiled.

I looked at Kelly, Kelly looked at me and I said, "Well, I think that qualifies as the first word, right?". She smiled that beautiful smile of hers and said, "I think so."

It's official.

The steps - I was just playing with B right before her bath. Kelly was sitting on the floor next to her. I stood her up, just because she's been doing that a lot on her own recently. She just stands there and does other stuff (like eating broccoli...another new thing). Anyway. I stood her up and she took a step forward. Just like she's been doing it her whole life.

Kelly and I again shared that incredulous look. That look that says, "shit...did you just see that???" She immediately dropped to her knees after that step and took off crawling...so we're not counting it as the first official walking steps...but she's closer. Much, much closer...

Go, B, go!

2 comments:

bleu said...

Awww, congrats ya'll. It is so sweet and so awful how fast they grow at the same time. She will be walking before you know it.
She is so adorable!!!

R said...

WOO HOO!! That's awesome!!!