1/02/2008

New Year

Well, the holidays are over and it's back to the usual grind. I love and hate this time of year in equal proportions.

I love taking down the holiday decorations and reclaiming our house. I love the start of a new year and all that promise that the new year holds. I love that it is winter and it finally starts to get actually cold in this part of the world. I love that the stores have something other than commercialized Christmas (which I absolutely love during December). I love playing with the new things that I got on Christmas day.

But, I hate getting back to work. It's nearly impossible to focus!!! I've spent the last month working on and off and really just doing what I wanted. I've left early, I've spent a lot more time with my loves. Now, it's back and everything is coming due and I'm busy and more than anything, I just want to go home!!!!!

Enough bitching.

This year is gonna be good. Kelly and I have big plans for ourselves and we intend to just enjoy what our life brings us. Bailey is our joy and this year is going to be so much fun as she learns to walk and starts to talk. Her first birthday is something we are eagerly anticipating and our first camping trip in the spring.

I think this year may be the best one ever...

1 comment:

treewater said...

Cheers, Dude! Here's hoping you're right - I could use a super good year :)