9/03/2007

My Apologies

I must apologize for being such a bad blogger. It's funny, but life has taken on a rhythm that is almost like breathing. Our lives are moving so quickly, and the cycles are predictable. The weeks are dominated by work and preparing for work and the weekends are dominated by Bailey's sleep and awake cycles. The moments are so precious that I find it hard to step away for long enough to blog.

So, I apologize to those of you who count on these blogs to stay caught up. I've been a bad blogger...

Bailey is doing remarkably well. She's just an amazing child. Her personality is front and center these days. She's funny, curious and affectionate. Karen pretty much sums it up when she says that Bailey has the world wrapped around her little finger. She smiles and people melt. She enters a room, and people are captivated. Strangers stop us on the streets and in the stores to look at her, get one of her smiles, touch her chubby cheeks. She's a star in her world...and she knows it.

She's learning how to manipulate. I say that with all the exasperated humor of a woman who is at the center of her world. Bailey is quickly learning that if she cries for long enough, we will pick her up. And if we try to match her will, she just cries harder and longer. She's got will of steel. Honestly. We're working on it. We don't always give in. It's easier for me than it is for Kelly, but Kelly is working on it too.

She is 100% in her crib now. The swing has been moved away and she isn't in it ever anymore. We were sorry to see it go - it was a lifesaver for the first few months. But now, it's nice to have our honey sleeping soundly in her crib. She'll stay in our room for the first year and then we will move her into her bedroom.

Her bedroom has become a holding pen for now. We don't have the time to store everything neatly yet. What I can say is that I've done a great job making sure that all her old clothes that she doesn't fit into anymore are washed and folded before being piled. We'll put them in storage containers soon. Her bassinet, her swing, her infant bathtub - all the things she can no longer wear - everything is piled in her room right now. We'll figure it out soon...

And how are we? Well, Momma and Mommy are doing 100% better than we were before I was on Prozac. It's funny, I've gotten some weird looks from people when I tell them that I am on Prozac...as if I should keep it a secret. I always feel strange, because I'm not ashamed. I'm not upset that I need it. I don't know if I'll need antidepressants permanently or if this is temporary. I don't know...but I'm sure not ashamed that I need them now. I have seen such an improvement in my quality of life...and in the quality of life for Bailey and Kelly. How could that ever be something I was upset about?

It's strange what people feel like they need to hide.

Before I sign off for now, let me think...are there any new things about Bailey? Ummm...well, she's eating food regularly now. She loves oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce. We don't always have success - sometimes she just wants her bottle, but we try twice a day and most of the time, she enjoys eating. She's moved up to size three diapers, she's in 12 months sleepers and she's wearing 9-12 months clothes. She's a big girl...

We've got her four month doctor's appointment on Thursday...we'll be sure to update her stats at that time.

Until then...I promise to try to be a better blogger...

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Glad to hear all is going well! Yeah for the crib sleeping and YEAH for Prozac. I was on Paxil for while for some anixety issues. It amazed me how that lil pill could make such a difference.

Bailey is just a doll. You 2 are doing a great job!