8/05/2007

2 Years

Two years ago today, my older brother died. I wish that I were in Maine today, at Lois's Point. I'd like to sit by the water, watch the waves crash and remember the day that we put his ashes into the ocean. I'd like to go out for a nice dinner, sitting outside somewhere, and feel the cool ocean breeze on my face and remember how much he loved dining at nice places and feeling the breeze. I'd like to be with my younger brother, who was the one who knew him best, and listen to the stories of crazy days in Cancun, Mexico.

I'd love to have a few minutes to introduce him to Bailey and to introduce him (properly) to Kelly.

More than anything, I'd love the chance to just sit with him for a few minutes, smoke a cigarette, and talk about growing up.

I love you, Rodney. I remember you every day.

No comments: