7/25/2007

An Update

I promise that I'll post more when I have longer to write. Both Kelly and I are extremely busy at work and working through the transition of me back to work. We rush to work, rush home and then spend as much time together and with Bailey as we can.

What I can say is that it is working beautifully. Bailey is transitioning easily. Her eating habits are staying the same, she is sleeping just fine and she seems just as happy as she ever has. The only thing that I have noticed is that she requires a lot more snuggling when we get her home from daycare. I suspect that it is a comfort thing and that she is missing all the time she spent in my arms for the first three months of her life. She doesn't seem distraught by the changes, though, much to our relief.

In fact, we don't mind that she wants snugly time, because that's what we want too!

All said, we are both extremely pleased by the center and the care that Bailey is receiving. It's incredible to NOT feel horrible about putting her in childcare...I've heard some pretty awful stories from people who have a different experience than we've had. I feel very fortunate that we are one of the lucky ones.

You know, we didn't get so lucky with Bailey's immediate disposition. She was extremely difficult at first, not laid back and that was tough. But, it seems that those very same qualities that made it so hard in the beginning are making it so much easier now. She's resilient, independent, curious and interested. She fascinated by the other kids, the sounds, the sites and loves new people. She doesn't act like she misses us...she just seems to be okay with it.

Now, it's only been two days. But, the first few days can tell a lot. And so far, we're happy. Very happy.

No comments: