7/20/2007

Harry, Harry, Harry

There are very few things in this world that are more important to me than spending time with Kelly and my daughter. I love our weekends together. I get everything done on Friday so that I can spend as much time with them, uninterrupted by the mundane tasks of living, as possible. Most of the time, there is nothing that matters more to me.

But not this weekend. This weekend, a man is taking over my life. That's right, folks...a man by the name of Harry Potter is taking over!

My book, according to UPS, is in Waldorf. It will be delivered sometime tomorrow...hopefully early. And the second that 800 page book gets into my hands, I'm reading.

Now...I know that I will have to take a couple of breaks. I'm fully aware that at some point, I'll need to give Kelly a break from baby duty. And I might have to pee and eat as well. Maybe. But, for the most part, I'm doing nothin' but reading.

Just to give you an idea...at the last release, I attended that midnight party (something I haven't ruled out this year. If I find that I can't sleep tonight, I just may sneak out and get a copy from my local bookstore...). I picked up my book at around 2:00 AM. I read until 6:30 in the morning, slept for a couple of hours, than read for another eight hours. Oh yes, friends, I'm serious about this.

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!! And given that I have spent the last three months devoting myself entirely to parenting (and bitching about parenting), I think that I deserve a couple of hours to read. Don't you?

This muggle is addicted.

1 comment:

Karen B Prosser said...

God, Mikki, I love you! I'm on pins and needles about whether I will get my pre-ordered HP book tomorrow in the office or not. I think I might be at the bookstore tonight to get my copy and read and read and read. If a 20 something likes it, and a 62 something likes it, and my 79 year old step mother likes it, it must be a great series!!!
I can't wait to see what happens in the end. My bet is that snape and voldemort die; not Harry.
Karen