5/09/2007

We're Getting Through

Motherhood is blissful...in moment. In other moments, it's hard as shit. In every moment it's exhausting, overwhelming and kind of scary.

Kelly is my rock, as she's always been. We are getting through these first days together.

Our Bailey knows what she wants and knows how to ask for it. She's the size of a two month old, has the cries of a two month old and seems to have a constant string of needs for us to figure out. We are working through, learning her...but it's been interesting.

Don't get me wrong...I love this. But learning a new person is hard work, and our little doll is her Momma's miniature through and through. She makes me laugh she's so much like me...

For those of you who know me, you can see how that could translate into lots of work sometimes.

Postpartum stuff has started. I cry randomly, without warning or provocation. Last night, I spent two hours holding Bailey in the middle of the night, snuggling and feeding her while I sobbed. Strange.

No comments: