5/11/2007

Happiness Is...

Well, this may seem superficial to some when there really are lots of other things to be much happier about...BUT...

I have lost 25 pounds since delivering Bailey!!!! Since I only gained 20 during the pregnancy, I am down five pounds from my starting weight!!! WOO HOOO!!! Also, this morning, I was able to put on all my pre-pregnancy clothes...shorts and jeans!!!!!

I've gotta say...that makes me a seriously happy girl...

It was a long night last night, but Bailey eventually fell asleep around 3:30 and slept hard for five hours. Momma did too. We're both feeling pretty good this morning. Kelly got some good rest after we went downstairs. I decided that if Bailey wasn't going to sleep, I'd head downstairs and at least enjoy watching TV. Of course, as soon as we got there, Bailey crashed out. Go figure.

Not much on the agenda for today. We have to get another prescription for me filled, but that is it. We are going to take it easy.

We're finally getting the hang of this...

Check out our little honey...isn't she a doll?? This was taken this morning right after she woke up from her five hours of sleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mikki,
Ihave been reading your posts and they take me back 40 years to the weeks following the birth of my first baby, Amy Prosser. The crying, the joy, the learning, the joy, the tiredness, the joy. It was all so overwhelming. When I saw the picture of Bailey, my heart just melted. She is such a gorgeous little doll.

Richard and I have a present for you, but do not know where to send it. Could you let me know your address?

I'm thrilled for you about the weight loss. What a boost for your ego.

Take care of yourself, sweetie. You deserve lots of love and nurturing after last week.

Karen and Richard