5/23/2007

The First Outing

Yesterday, Bailey and I took a long trip into town! I was needing some adult interaction and boy, did I get it! We started at Kelly's office, where Bailey was swarmed by Kelly's coworkers. I felt bad, because Bailey needed to eat and be changed almost as soon as we got there. Plus, she was kind of fussy.

After about an hour and 10 minutes, Bailey and I headed over to my office. My coworkers had ordered lunch and we all hung out in a conference room for a couple of hours. Bailey was a dream! She slept for a long time, and then when we couldn't stand it anymore, she was passed around. She would squirm for a few minutes and then fall sound asleep in the arms of whoever was holding her!

I spent some time in my boss's office, feeding her again and changing her. I met with our benefits person and finalized the details of my leave. Then it was back to Kelly's office to meet her and head home!

All told, it was a great day...much needed. Bailey was overstimulated by the end of it, and slept like shit last night...but it was worth it. Momma needed a day out...

No comments: