5/26/2007

Dramatic Improvements

Yesterday, after my meltdown, Bailey and I ended up having a great day. After getting showered, I put her in our sling and wore her all day. She slept for approximately nine hours, waking only twice - once to eat and be changed and spend 20 minutes being naked, and the other to be changed.

I spent that time cleaning, listening to music, dancing around our bedroom, emailing friends and occasionally kissing Miss. Bailey's head. When Kelly got home, I went and picked up some Merlot and drank the entire bottle (except for the glass that Kelly had). Funny, it didn't make me drunk...just took the edge off. Kelly took care of Bailey. Then, last night, after feeding her two extra ounces of formula right before it was time to sleep, Bailey spent two and half hours sleeping in her co-sleeper (NOT ON ME!!!). When she woke up, it was time for her regular feeding. Five ounces later, she curled right back up into her co-sleeper for a another two hour stretch! When she woke up, I just pulled her over onto my chest and we both fell right back asleep for another two hours.

HOT DAMN! THIS I can deal with...LOL!

We woke up at five this morning. I brought her downstairs, where she fell back asleep after eating. I called my Mom and we talked for an hour and a half. I put Bailey in her swing, and she slept there for over an hour - giving Kelly and I time to eat breakfast and for Kelly to get showered. I woke her up to get her ready for the day - changed and in fresh clothes. Kelly is feeding her as I type this and I'm headed for the shower.

I know that this has been kind of long, but I just had to share how happy I am that there were serious improvements yesterday and today! I'm off for a couple of hours to see Pirates at 11 AM. I can't wait to sit in the dark theater and watch Captain Jack Sparrow take on the world! I can't wait to have popcorn and to be alone for just a couple of hours.

More importantly, I'm actually looking forward to coming back and spending the rest of the weekend with my wife and our child!

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!!!

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

So glad to hear you had a better day! Keep smilin!